Carpeting is quite common in homes across the world. Unlike concrete, tiles or wooden flooring that can be easily wiped and swept, carpet cleaning is a bit more laborious.
Why then do homeowners bother with carpeting? Carpets provide good insulation during the cold months, making the floor comfortable to walk on. Carpeting also provides cushioning for the feet and help to absorb the shock from falling objects in multilevel houses and apartments. The carpet will definitely help to lessen the noise from footsteps and activity on the floors above.
You will find that the three things that are likely to annoy you the most about your carpet are spots, spills and odor. In most cases, you should be able to reduce or eliminate them totally.
If you are considering installing carpeting in your home or already have it installed, here are some tips to assist you in caring for your carpet.
- Try to have your carpet vacuumed weekly. If there is a lot of traffic in your home, you may need to consider vacuuming on a daily basis. This will prevent a buildup of dust and other particles that can damage the carpet fibers. You can check this link right here now to hire a professional or use a crevice tool to handle cleaning the areas that aren’t easily reached.
- Break up the carpet cleaning task into pieces. To clean a room that is wall-to-wall, break up the space into quadrants and clean one area at a time. This will assist you in keeping track of where you have cleaned and which quadrants are still dirty.
- Do not clean your carpet in a rush. Dirt is often embedded below the surface on the carpet. A single pass with the vacuum may not be sufficient to get rid of all the dirt. Take the time to repeatedly pass over the carpet to ensure that it is cleaned properly.
- Look out for areas that have been flattened, especially the areas where persons sit regularly. You will need to vacuum these areas using a crisscross pattern. The overlapping strokes will help to restore the carpet fibers and have it looking almost as good as new.
- To help with odor control, you can add a few teaspoons of baking soda to the vacuum bag. Baking soda is an odor-fighting agent that can be used in a number of different ways, including in the home for carpet cleaning.
Now that you are aware of what to be mindful of when doing your carpet cleaning, let us know what other strategies you use to get your carpet cleaned.