Ikea is one of the preferred retailers for kitchen furniture and accessories. They are known for providing economical items to suit almost any type of kitchen design. If you have an Ikea kitchen that you would like to remodel, you could consider adding an island.
Adding an island to your kitchen provides a number of immediate benefits. Below are some of the reasons we believe you and your family will be able to benefit from an island in the kitchen.
- Additional workspace. Finding enough space in the kitchen seems to be a constant challenge. Whether you require an additional sink, a new cooktop or additional space to prep for meals, an island will provide the additional space needed. This will no doubt improve the flow of things in the kitchen on those hectic mornings and evenings when you are rushing to have meals prepared for your family in the shortest possible time.
- More seating options. An island in your Ikea kitchen will provide more options for seating your family members and guests. You can use high chairs or stools to seat two or four persons depending on the size of the island and the size of your kitchen. It is a great option for entertaining in an informal setting.
- Extra storage. If storage is a challenge in your home, you can consider installing Ikea kitchen cabinets. However, your kitchen island will also work well as storage. It is a great place to store cookbooks, wines, utensils, appliances, pots and other items you use on a daily basis in your kitchen.
- Create a nice family area. Your kitchen island can be the hub of activity for the family in your kitchen. It is a great place to meet as a family and plan activities for the day, complete assignments and engage in meaningful conversation while meals are being prepared.
- A multipurpose kitchen element. A portable kitchen island can double as a prep area for meals as well as a small bar for entertaining. The wheels on the island can be locked to ensure that the island is stable and will stay in the area you desire, depending on your immediate needs.
Below are a number of Ikea kitchen inspired designs and ideas for kitchen islands. They include large islands, small islands, retro islands and modern islands made from wood, granite and marble. Take a peek and let us know agree with us that every kitchen should have an island.